In today’s article, we will see Mobile Apps For Hotel Industry
A mobile application is software that is designed to complete a specific task. It has a fixed function and is not a complete software application. Application software that requires user interaction, you give any command in it and the output comes out. For example, Adobe Photoshop is application software that is run by the user.
Types of Hotel
There are different types of hotels that are actually the combination of two separate words. In this blog let us understand the difference between these.
- Motel – A motel is a hotel which is architectured with motor vehicle parking area. The word ‘motel’ is drawn from the phrase ‘Motor Hotel’. Initially, motels consisted of a single floor where guestrooms were located adjacent to the parking area. These days motels are usually situated near or on a highway or long route facilitating overnight accoummodation.
- Rotel – A Rotel is a combination of two words-Rotate + Hotel. RO is taken from rotate and TEL from the hotel. The word ‘Rotate’ means to turn about an axis or a centre. Well in simple terms, here we are referring to wheels. So, Rotel means a hotel on wheels. A hotel which can move on wheels like a bus or a train. It provides basic accommodation facilities and preferred to travel to remote locations. One of the best examples of Rotel in India is ‘Palace on wheels’. Which is a luxury train having its own dining and accommodations facilities. Another good example is the Rotel tour buses. Here, guest can ride in front during the day and move to the triple-deck of the berth in the rear for sleeping.
- Floatel – Similar to the Rotel is Floatel; which is also the combination of the two words i.e. (Float + Hotel). Float means to move or rest on or near the surface of the water, without sinking such as boat, ship, cruise, yacht. So, a flotel is a hotel on boat/ship/yacht. On the contrary, a flotel can be a permanent structure above the water located on a lake or mega river. For example, Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur. Please take note that some boatique or luxury hotels on rivers, lakes, harbours and oceans also use this term. Another term related to flotel is boatel.
- Boatel/Botel – As the name suggests, it’s a boat converted into a hotel. It is a type of flotel hotel. Boatels may be constructed or converted from some other watercraft. It may be permanently moored or grounded or allowed to float into a limited space. For example, shikara houseboats on Dal Lake in Kashmir.
Mobile Apps for Hotel Industry
let’s face it mobile devices have drastically shifted the online landscape to the point that last year more than 60% of all internet access was done handhelds of sort in the hotel industry we can differentiate mobile apps into two groups guest-facing apps and staff facing apps
- Guest-facing apps – Guest-facing apps will give hotels a better way of directly communicating with its customers as soon as the guest walks into the hotel and get some the hotel and get some the hotel’s wi-fi network the hotel and the guests can start communication there are apps to order items from room service to provide information on local points of interest apps to take a guest survey or to check your bill and even apps that allow you to checkout but even before and after your stay there are useful apps that allow you to make a hotel reservation into peter and upload reviews
- Staff facing apps – After your state staff facing apps allow the hotel management to stay on top operational activities with real-time management information or to communicate more efficiently with the hotel staff a good example of a staff facing campus for housekeeping the excutive housekeeper is able to assign rooms that need cleaning to housekeepers the housekeepers will see the assigned rooms directly on their mobile device the housekeeper’s are then able to let the front office staff know that they are currently in the room by setting a special status on the mobile device such as maiden room the different departments are able to communicate more effciently with each other which will result in a better service to the guests in our test so that’s how it works you.
5 Reasons Why Your Hotel Should Have Mobile Apps
If you’re a hotel owner and have always wondered about getting your own mobile app created then this blog is for you with your own mobile app your customers can seamlessly organize their stay with you and benefit from these amazing features let’s take a quick look at a few just think with your
- Booking Feature– app customers can book a room directly with you within seconds you simply accept the incoming reservation and the app will not only email them confirmation of their stay it will even send them a friendly text reminder (Hii.. Your room has been booked).
- Loyalty & Coupon Card– want to increase customer loyalty and encourage repeat business well what better way to reward them than with your very own in a ploy ‘el tea or discount coupon card trust me your guests will love you for this.
- Puch Notification– Maybe you have a special offer or a discounted weekend room rate well what better way to let potential guests know about it than with an instant push notification message that will be sent directly to their phone making it easier than ever to get guests through your door and fill last-minute rooms in your hotel.
- Video & Image Gallery– Your very own app you can easily showcase pictures of your stunning rooms and prices or even add a video gallery to give your guests an in-depth look around the facilities and amenities add your location using maps making your hotel simple to find and show off and highlight the local attractions restaurants activities or things to do.
- Social Media– Hava social media no problem we can add all your social media accounts which will automatically update as you add content truth is this is just scratching the surface of what an incredible app can do for your hotel making sure your guests have the most comfortable stay and experience possible.
Reasons to use the App at Your Hotel
- Customer Service – In a world where rooms are just commodities, this is becoming more and more important. Differentiate yourself with Guest by its service and technology, all of which is possible by allowing your guests easy access. Guests get it when they want it. Access to all of your products and services generates more revenue for you and provides a better customer experience for your guests.
- Guest Experience – What makes a great customer experience is that all-important mix of customer interaction and guest anticipation of their every need or empowering your guests to serve themselves. When they want to make things faster and easier, leaving your employees free to take on the all-important human.
They all communicate by providing tools, whether it’s finding a great place to eat or getting directions to an attraction guest or using a coherent single interface with the room’s key room controls and TV remote. Have you been If your guests ever need that extra help, they can chat with the concierge in any language using our automated?
- Integrate all of your products and services so you can book everything from one place – The two biggest barriers to getting extra revenue from your guests are not knowing what’s available and selling all of your products and services to them. Making it difficult to book a pass. Allowing them to book with just a few clicks on their fingers leads to a substantial increase in secondary revenue.
- Feel Extraordinary – Your guests don’t like using a hotel room, feeling the light, sound, temperature and smell. We create fully immersive experiences. Whether your guest wants to relax to discover mindfulness or recreate a childhood memory, give them something to remember about their next stay.
- Be more eco-friendly – People are becoming more climate conscious and often make their choice of stay based on your company’s environmental situation or make it easier for guests to make carbon savings and better choices. For example the number one reason guests would leave the air conditioning on is so that they have a cold room to allow your guests to turn off or turn off all their appliances with just one click, even if they are not in the room.
It is more likely that they will additionally have in-app coaching and gamification to encourage guests on how they can save electricity, water, and resources. Especially when they can see their impact after all the Staff app makes sure that all guests’ choices are honored by informing staff what needs to be done in each room.
AdSense puts advancements on your site, and you gain money when people click them. Along these lines, you require whatever some people to click them as could be permitted. The most effortless course of action is to pay people to click them, at a lower rate than what you make from those snaps, so despite all that you benefit. Google doesn’t along these lines, and the screen speaks to invalid snap activity. In case they find such development for you, they can close it, including keeping any money you “earned” in such a way.
What is bookkeeping now before we get to the definition of bit keeping let’s go back in time to 1494 in Italy where a man by the name of Luca Pacioli wrote and published a book which Pacioli wrote and published a book which translates to a summary of arithmetic geometry properties and proportionality the book includes a section called the details of the calculation and recording and this was the birth of double-entry or known as bookkeeping in accounting